In early 2022, I asked Sionics if they were interested in collaborating on a 12.5″ mid-length barrel in 5.56. Timing wasn’t right. The conversation came back up in August, though. The blanks were quickly secured in September and testing started in November. As the barrel market continues to grow, I’m stoked to be partnered with a trusted brand like Sionics. Available in standard and silencer dedicated ports.
The Standard port barrel is an excellent 50/50 host for both suppressed and unsuppressed shooting. PLEASE NOTE: The Silencer Dedicated barrel will not function without a can. Find a detailed review HERE
If you’re interested in BRT EZTune tubes, here are options to achieve similar gas port results with the Standard barrel:
Standard: Standard BRT tube
RGP: 0.073 BRT tube
EGRP: 0.067 BRT tube
SD: 0.0635 BRT tube
If you need any build/gunsmithing assistance, contact One Thousand Ships HERE.
The SIONICS 12.5” Chrome Lined Barrel is a high-quality barrel that is made from 41V50 Chrome Moly Vanadium Steel. It has a medium contour, a mid-length gas system, and a .750″ gas seat diameter. The barrel features hand-polished feed ramps and has a 1/7 twist rate. It is also threaded 1/2×28 and is manganese phosphate coated. The barrel is magnetic particle inspected and radiograph inspected. It is pre-dimpled for easy installation of the gas block. This barrel is a great choice for a general purpose SBR. Features:
- 12.5” Chambered in 5.56 NATO
- 41V50 CMV Steel
- Manganese Phosphate Coated
- Chrome Lined
- Medium Profile
- .750″ gas seat diameter
- 1/7 Twist Rate
- Mid-Length Gas System
- Magnetic Particle Inspected
- Weight: 1 Lb. 6 oz.
- Radiograph Inspected
- Threaded 1/x28
- Hand Polished Feed Ramps
- Pre-Dimpled for easy Gas Block Installation
The SIONICS Extreme Reduced Gas Port Barrel is a silencer-optimized barrel that is designed to work with .30 caliber or full-size silencers. The reduced gas port helps to minimize gas blowback, felt recoil, and carbon build-up, resulting in a smoother and more comfortable shooting experience.
Here are some of the benefits of using the SIONICS Extreme Reduced Gas Port Barrel:
- Reduced gas blowback: The reduced gas port helps to reduce the amount of gas that is expelled from the barrel when the gun is fired. This can help to reduce the amount of gas that is blown back into the shooter’s face, which can be uncomfortable and can also cause eye irritation.
- Reduced felt recoil: The reduced gas port also helps to reduce the amount of felt recoil that the shooter experiences. This is because the reduced gas port helps to slow down the movement of the bolt carrier group, which in turn reduces the amount of recoil that is felt by the shooter.
- Reduced carbon build-up: The reduced gas port also helps to reduce the amount of carbon build-up that occurs inside the gun. This is because the reduced gas port helps to reduce the amount of gas that is expelled from the barrel, which in turn reduces the amount of carbon that is deposited inside the gun.
*All NFA rules apply.*